Wanna be a Police Officer? From recruitment, to life as a cop, see what it's like
Do you ever wonder what it's like to be a police officer? Have you ever seen a cop working out on the road and thought to yourself, "I wish I could have that job!"
Maybe you've seen them in their cruisers, flying down the pavement going code 3 to an emergency call. Or maybe you've looked up into the sky and seen the police helicopter hovering up above.
The reality is, that many people think that the life of a cop is all excitement and fun. They think that the job mirrors exactly what they see on television. Whether it's a cop drama or a movie, they believe that the fictional account of the job is based on reality.
Unfortunately, that just isn't the case.
TV shows like CSI and Criminal Minds may be exciting and dramatic, but it's just television. There's a crime, an investigation, and an arrest. And it happens in an hour. Sometimes it's a two parter and it's REALLY exciting.
But, is it accurate? Does it reflect what really goes on with the Police and what they deal with on a daily basis?
Answer: No. Not exactly, lol.
Being a Police Officer is rewarding, exciting, and challenging work...but it is also riddled with frustration and difficulty.
We'll talk about lots of different things. The work schedule, the camaraderie among the boys (and girls), the expectations that the higher ups have of you, and what the public thinks of you. Why the job is great, and why people sometimes just say, screw it! and quit.
You may be someone who is interested in law enforcement as a career. Or you may be someone who is just curious about what it's like being a cop.
If you're one of the former, don't let anyone stop you from chasing your dream of becoming a Police Officer.
Use this site to gain info and determine if you think it's really for you.
If you're one of the latter, well, I hope this site can provide you with an insightful and entertaining read on a unique, and sometimes
very bizarre profession.
Some of the pages have comment boxes. Please feel free to leave a comment, idea, or questions. I'll do my best to answer it honestly and as accurately as I can.
- Police Officer Pages Blog
- The Police Officer Pages Blog will keep you informed of any new pages or updates to the Police-Officer-Pages.com website. Subscribe here.
- Becoming a Police Officer
- Becoming a Police Officer involves several steps. Learn how to become a better applicant and increase your chances !
- Reserve Police Officer
- If interested, you can become a Reserve Police Officer and help regular full time Police officers keep the city streets safe.
- Police Officer Job Descriptions
- People often ask for police officer job descriptions when they are curious/interested in applying to the Police.
- Police Salary
- Police Salary depends on the individual departments themselves. Generally, for the larger
- Being A Cop
- Being a cop can be rewarding but challenging. Learn about changes that will take place in your life and some of the difficulties you'll face when being a Police Officer
- Police Officer Stress
- What kinds of Police Officer stress will you face? There's many things that you may not even realize...
- Cop Gifts
- Are you looking for a present for a cop? Consider the following when shopping for cop gifts...
- Disgruntled Police Officer
- With enough time on the job, you will encounter a disgruntled police officer, or possible become one yourself. Click here to see how this can happen ....
- Everyday Police Work
- Everyday police work generally begins by having "roll call", which is
- Female Police Officer
- A female police officer may undergo even more scrutiny or stress than her male counterparts.
- Police in the News
- Whenever you turn on the news, there always seems to be a slew of stories, and police in the news. A lot of the times, the media reports about an incident that...
- Community Policing
- Community policing (also known as neighborhood policing) is a policing strategy and
- Police Dangers
- Police Dangers are very real. Every year officers are injured and some are killed all over the
- Police Pursuit
- On any given day, you can see a police pursuit on the six O'clock news. There's always a news chopper in the air capturing the footage
- Police Brutality
- As a cop, you're going to be arresting people. Sometimes you will have to use force, and people will accuse you of police brutality!
- police officer equipment
- When you are working, you have various types of police officer equipment to use while doing your job...
- Police Partner
- when you're working, sometimes you'll be by yourself. Other times, you'll have a police partner. Check this page out to see what it can be like...
- k-9 Police Officer
- A k-9 Police Officer is an officer who works with a Police Dog as a "partner". The officer and his/her dog work together as a team to complete a job or task. Typically, Police Departments use
- Forensics has been used by Law enforcement to assist in investigating crimes. It deals with various types of science and specialized areas in an attempt to answer questions and
- Beat Cop
- What is a beat cop? Thats when an officer is assigned to a specific area to walk on foot during patrol. It's also known as " walking the beat".
- Motorcycle Cop
- Being a motorcycle cop can be a lot of fun. Imagine getting paid to ride around on your bike in the great weather, checking out the sights (when I say sights I mean ladies - or men, if you are a femal
- Traffic Cop
- A traffic cop's job is to enforce traffic laws and investigate collisions. That doesn't mean that they can't do other things, but generally that's what they stick to.
- Criminal Justice Jobs
- There are several types of criminal justice jobs out there. The first one that jumps into everyone's mind is that of a police officer. And that makes sense. People see cops out there on the street ev
- Police Officer Ranks
- Every Police Department has a system which outlines Police Officer ranks. This system outlines a chain of command and it ensures that there is a structure or hierarchy in place so that authoritative
- Burglary Prevention
- officers will often be sent to burglary calls, and burglary prevention is information that an officer can pass on
- Fight Calls
- Police officers attend fight calls on a frequent basis. Take a look at some things that need to be considered prior to attending it...
- Links to sites that I like...